Thursday 13 August 2015

Favourite Concealers - Maybelline, Estee Lauder, Rimmel and Collection


Now that it's 'Summer' time in the UK, I have started to take a rather minimal approach to applying my makeup. In other words, the less I can smear on my face the better, as I hate venturing out into the sunshine and feeling like I have layers and layers of makeup on and that my skin can't breathe. 

To combat this issue, I tend to use a lot more concealer, in areas where it's needed, and leave the foundation in my drawer ready for Winter. As a result of this, I'm sharing with you a few of my favourite concealers, which do exactly what I need them to. 

L-R - Maybelline Eraser (light), Estee Lauder Double Wear (Light/Medium), Rimmel Wake Me Up (Light), Collection Illuminating Touch (Naked 1)

First up, the Maybelline Instant Anti Age Eraser. This was a massive hit when it was first released and most people were raving about it. However, there was a love/hate issue with the sponge application, but I suppose you can't have everything. Personally, I enjoy the sponge applicator, I understand that it's not the most hygienic, but it's not enough to put me off another purchase. The concealer comes in two shades, which for me is a little disappointing. As you can see from the swatch, this concealer is pretty much a perfect match for my skin and for the under eye area I would have liked it to be a little lighter than it is. For this reason, I would be interested to try the Nude shade to see if this works any better for me. Having said that, the concealer applies smoothly and blends well, it also has a fantastic coverage. 

Next, comes Estee Lauder's Double Wear concealer. I have a much more in-depth review about this little beauty, but to round everything up...I LOVE IT! Although alot more expensive than the other three concealers, It's by far my favourite of the four and I will definitely repurchase this. It's a great match for my skin and so covers any redness/ blemishes I have. Also, it blends perfectly but you do need to work fairly quickly before it sets, otherwise it's not going anywhere. This concealer lasts all day and as a little goes a long way I definitely think this will last forever. 

Third on the list, is Rimmel's Wake Me Up Concealer. This is another concealer which was highly talked about when it first came out. I enjoy using this underneath the eye area as it is so light and along with its illuminating properties (there's definitely some shimmer or sparkle in there somewhere) it does a good job of highlighting the eye area perfectly. Again, it's really blendable and doesn't set instantly, so you have more time to work with it. I am concerned that this slightly dries out my under eye area and can at times highlight any dryness that is there. However,  I am going to keep trying this just in case the dryness is caused by other products. 

Finally, I love the Collection Illuminating Touch Brightening Concealer. This concealer is lovely and light and illuminates the under eye area perfectly. It isn't going to cover the darkest of circles, but then it isn't really intended for that. It blends out so nicely and looks lovely on the skin. This concealer is also incredibly cheap and I'll definitely keep repurchasing this! 

Do you have any concealer recommendations that I should try? If so, get in touch and let me know. 

Jade x 

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Karen! Let me know when your blog is up and running! xx

      Delete
  2. I really love the Maybelline Fit me Concealer in number 25 ! Is really good! You get good coverage! I would like to try the Collection one!
    Jade I also nominate you for the Versatile Blogger Award! Here is the link on my blog http://mystyleandlight.com/index.php/2015/08/13/the-versatile-blogger-award/
    Hope you enjoy! I love your blog! ♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the Maybelline Fit me Concealer in number 25 ! Is really good! You get good coverage! I would like to try the Collection one!
    Jade I also nominate you for the Versatile Blogger Award! Here is the link on my blog http://mystyleandlight.com/index.php/2015/08/13/the-versatile-blogger-award/
    Hope you enjoy! I love your blog! ♡

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Maybelline one the best, Rimmel one is also good.

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete