Sunday 6 September 2015

Barry M Eye Shine Shadow and Glaze Palette Review


Whilst perusing the internet, I came across the eye shadow of my dreams that being Mac’s Coppering. Reluctant to spend £13 on one eyeshadow, I then came across the Barry M Eye Shine Shadow and Glaze Palette for the bargain price of £6.49 and most exciting of all it contained a similar shade to what I was looking for, so I snapped it up.

On closer inspection the Barry M Palette is Limited Edition, which probably means you should snap it up quickly if you’re interested. It also comes complete with two eye shadow applicators, a handy mirror, 6 eye shadows and a glossy top coat. To be honest most of this escaped my attention when I first picked it up, but now it seems like an interesting idea for a palette.


The colours themselves are quite bright and well pigmented. Some of the colours are definitely more wearable than others depending on how brave you are feeling, but I think the blue and green colours would look lovely as a pop of colour under the lower lash line. However, the bronze and terracotta colours are perfect for Autumn and I’ll definitely be getting a lot of wear out of them this season.


Now to the interesting part – the glossy top coat. Once I realised this was in the palette I had my doubts about it right from the start. oweHhH However, I was willing to give it a go. Unfortunately, it lived up to my fears and it’s the only thing to let the palette down. It’s pretty much like smearing Vaseline onto your lids once you’ve created the perfect makeup look and then watching it crease and ware away before your eyes.

Overall, I love the palette and the colours in it (especially the terracotta colour). For the price Barry M have done a great job and offered an affordable palette with beautiful pigmented eyeshadows. I would stay clear of the glossy top coat, but if you find a way to make it work then do let me know.

Remember to get your hands on it before it sells out!

Have you tried any of the Barry M palettes? If so, get in touch and let me know what you think about them.


Jade x

5 comments:

  1. These are definitely really bright colours :) I haven't tried any eye shadow from BarryM but this looks really lovely and really affordable x

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful is this palette! Wow, the design of it is amazing.
    I've never tried Barry M but might give it a go.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog with a sweet comment, girlie.
    Stay tuned with my posts at Bloglovin': https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/miel-mint-14349829
    I will follow you now as well :)
    xox Nadia
    http://mielandmint.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I already did :) Even better lol :)
    xox Nadia
    http://mielandmint.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice post as usual :)

    http://www.itsmetijana.blogspot.rs/

    ReplyDelete
  5. The photography on your blog/instagram is amazing. It is so different and I love it! This palette looks great value for money, I read that MAC have a similar eye gloss but I think that would sit so uncomfortably on my eye lids, I don't think I am a fan either although I have never even tried it lol.

    Caitlin xxx

    www.insite-business.uk

    ReplyDelete