My very first post (whoop, whoop!), focuses on EsteeLauder’s Double Wear Stay-in-Place Flawless Wear Concealer. As a lover of their Double Wear Stay-in-Place foundation and despite the bloody long name, this concealer has been on my wish list for quite a while and since I have been scraping the barrel of my old concealer for the past few days, it seemed the perfect time to indulge. As at £22.00, for 7ml, it’s definitely not the cheapest concealer on the market.
What the professionals say
- Looks flawless. Lasts 15-hours. Feels comfortable, never dry. Stays seamless, without creasing.
- Its lightweight creme formula creates the perfected look of flawless skin all day.
- Transfer-resistant, colour-true, with medium buildable coverage that won't slip, slide or melt away.
- Luminous finish.
- Infused with minerals and emollients to condition skin and make blending easy. Oil-free. Water, perspiration and humidity-resistant.
So, not wanting to risk an online purchase, I took a trip to Boots and on the recommendation of the sales assistant purchased the shade Light Medium to conceal redness. So far I’m impressed with the colour match and after testing it in store it still hasn’t budged a good 9 hours later. For me, this can only be a good thing. Gone are the days of your face melting off by lunchtime, nobody wants to leave the house looking like Cinderella and returning at the end of the day as the ugly step sister.
The dofer applicator makes life a little easier during the application process, for hygiene reasons I tend to apply the concealer to the back of my hand first and then use my ring finger to warm the product up and blend out onto the skin. The concealer does blend well, but you need to work quickly as once it sets, it’s not going anywhere. It is also quite thick in consistency and if you’re not careful I think this could result in it looking quite cakey on the skin. However, if applied with a light hand, the concealer does the trick at covering redness and imperfections. As well as this, it also contains SPF 10, so on lazy days a swipe of concealer in replace of a full foundation routine and your good to go.
- A little goes a long way
- Once set, will not budge
- Easy to blend
- Covers imperfections
- SPF 10
- Has the potential to look cakey on the skin
- Need to blend quickly before it sets
Are you a fan of the Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer or can you recommend an even better one that I should be trying? Get in touch and let me know.